The CNCMSBL will implement the following items in an effort to protect our league participants from the spread of COVID-19.
The 2020 CNCMSBL player waiver form now specifically addressed the risk involved with playing baseball with regards to the potential contraction of COVID-19. Waiver must be signed prior to participation in the league.
- Umpires will now be required to sign waivers prior to participation.
- Eliminate the passage of paper copies of line-up cards/batting orders to umpires and opposing managers. Should be transferred via email/text when possible.
- Each team will provide their own baseballs while on defense; this will minimize the number of players in contact with balls.
- Pitchers will NOT be allowed to “go to their mouth” between pitches. This will constitute an “illegal” ball and must immediately be replaced by the pitching team.
- Dugouts will be closed or have limited access. All players shall stay outside the field of play in order to facilitate safe social distancing.
- No sharing of equipment.
- Schedule games with at least 1 hour in between games in an effort to limit the amount of player interaction entering/leaving the field.
- Elimination of post-game handshakes or high fives.
- Minimize or eliminate “infield meetings” on the mound.
- When holding a meeting on the mound between catcher, pitcher and/or manager, all participants shall practice safe social distancing.
The CNCMSBL reserves the right to consider modifying or adding to the above based on field design, field conditions and lessons learned as the year progresses.