The CNCMSBL will implement the following items in an effort to protect our league participants from the spread of COVID-19.
The CNCMSBL player waiver form now specifically addressed the risk involved with playing baseball with regards to the potential contraction of COVID-19. Waiver must be signed prior to participation in the league.
- Umpires will now be required to sign waivers as well prior to participation.
- Eliminate the passage of paper copies of line-up cards/batting orders to umpires and opposing managers. Should be transferred via email/text when possible.
- Each team will provide their own baseballs while on defense; this will minimize the number of players in contact with balls. Minimize umpire contact with balls if possible.
- Pitchers will NOT be allowed to “go to their mouth” between pitches. This will constitute an “illegal” ball and must immediately be replaced by the pitching team.
- Dugouts will be closed or have limited access and all players shall stay outside the field of play at a safe distance from each other where possible.
- No sharing of equipment between players.
- Schedule games with at least 1 hour in between games in an effort to limit the amount of interaction entering/leaving the field.
- No post-game handshakes or high fives.
- Minimize or eliminate “infield meetings” on the mound.
- When holding a meeting on the mound between catcher, pitcher and/or manager, all participants need to stay a safe distance from each other.
The CNCMSBL reserves the right to consider modifying or adding to the above based on field design, field conditions and lessons learned as the year progresses.